Google
 

Friday, April 25, 2008

Halfway Castle Sketchup Model



I decided to keep working on different versions of castles as now the large castle is getting too "heavy" to continue to model in Sketchup and far too large to upload to 3D Warehouse. There are too many textures and faces, and it's really slowing down the program. I suppose if I removed the textures, it might be a lot easier to work with, but after spending a lot of time lining some of them up properly I'd hate to have to do it again. At any rate, in this building I took some of the half-timber look and mashed it together with the stone just to see what it would look like. Not too bad, except the tower is much too large. Overall square footage on the first floor is 2600 sq. ft., and there is room in some of the areas for 2nd floors bringing an estimated total of 4000 sq. ft. with no walls or structures inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment