Google
 

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Need an interior archway built for you?

Just found this site for pre-made ceilings that are shipped to you ready to put together.  I'm not advertising for them, but it may be useful to someone out there.  Maybe one might not have the time or knowledge to put together a barrel vaulted ceiling or a door arch, so this might be a way to go.  The prices seem fair, but that depends on how much cash you've got vs. how much your time is worth.  Have a look.  Archways and Ceilings Made Easy.

4 comments:

  1. Hello I'm new to your site, and I was wondering what software you are using for your modeling? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig (crg, I just guessed...),

    The software is Google's product SketchUp, a free CG modeling app that is very intuitive to learn. I highly recommend it . There is a great community support site (http://forums.sketchucation.com) that has a lot of free plug-ins that really make this (IMO) one of the best free modeling apps of it's kind out there. I also use a little Blender (www.blender.org) and for rendering I started with Kerkythea (http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/) and then switched to Thea Render. All mentioned apps are free except Thea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guessed right; it is Craig. Thanks for your response. I'm a long way from building my castle but would like to start playing with the design. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping in, glad to help. Best of luck with your castle ideas!

    ReplyDelete