Google
 

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sqire's Castle

We had the opportunity to visit Squire's Castle in Ohio while visiting some friends.  It was built by one of the founders of Standard Oil Co as a gatehouse for his estate, but the rest of the estate was never built and all that is left is this shell.  There is a nice park surrounding the structure with hiking trails through the greenwood.  Quite beautiful, I like the Ohio woods.  Sharply rolling terrain behind the castle would have been a neat place for a hill- or ridge-top castle proper.  A neat little place, I wouldn't call it roomy by any stretch and I think it would have been expensive to condition the air inside during the hottest and coldest months.

The below pic was taken with my phone ( funny that my phone takes neater pictures than my nice camera ) with 360 Panorama.  It was free in the app store, so grab it while you can before they start charging for it if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment