Google
 

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New American Castle

The New American Castle appears to be more about fancy or expensive furnishings, food, appliances, and atmosphere than really much anything else to do with a castle. It reminds me of some of the homes built during the late 1800s to early 1900s that have a large turret in front with a stone facade. The castle is somewhat of a showroom, the owners aren't building any of it themselves as far as I can tell (hammer in hand, I mean...), but have solicited donations and manufacturers to donate everything from materials to high-end goods to be shown off at the business/residence. I can't argue with that, I'd do the same if provided with the opportunity; though I think I'd probably try to make a "castle" look more like a castle...

It also appears that some of the search links to the site are not functional anymore... The "museum" link works, but the link that appears to lead to what would be the site about the castle itself no longer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment